Thursday, 26 January 2017

JUST A FEW | PHYSICAL TBR



I have quite the habit of purchasing books, leaving them on my shelf and then purchasing more, it's a never-ending pattern that has been occurring for such a long time, I've owned books for years yet never opened them. This is something I hope to lay to rest this year, these are just a few of the piles of unread books I intend to read.

Crooked Kingdom | Leigh Bardugo
After the characters of Six of Crows stole my heart I cannot wait to revisit them in the sequel Crooked Kingdom, I've already started but university is deeply interfering with my reading at the minute, though every spare moment I have I spend with this book. Nina and Inej have fast become two of my all time favourite female characters, I love their friendship and their fierce protection of each other, I'm so excited to read more of them.

Lady Midnight | Cassandra Clare
It took me so long to actually purchase Lady Midnight despite wanting to read it since it was released I've always felt that the size is quite intimidating due to my slump over 2016 but I've been looking forward to meeting Julian and Emma for such a long time, I'm so intrigued with the idea of parabatai's with romantic feelings and I'm eager to see how it plays out.

The Young Elites | Marie Lu
I'm about forty percent through this book, I was reading it whilst working at festivals throughout the summer and since then I've barely had time to read due to second year struggles, however, I love Marie Lu, I think she's an incredible author and I can't wait to carry on with this story and these characters.

Never Fade | Alexandra Bracken
I've lost count of how many times I have read this book's first couple of pages, I need to motivate myself to read past the first chapter because I adored the first book and it left such a gaping hole in my heart that needs to be refilled. 

Deathless | Catherynne M. Valente
I have owned Deathless for years, despite hearing about how beautifully written this book is and the five-star reviews I've seen, I have never attempted to read it and there's no reasoning for that. After searching it back up on Goodreads and reminding myself why I bought it in the first place I intend to read this book as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment